Monday, September 12, 2005

Today in class one of my students spent the better part of 15 minutes creating a beautiful pointilism art piece on his whiteboard during math time reading, and i quote, "you suck".

It was beautiful.

there could have been no fewer than 150 tiny green dots spelling out this interesting and insightful little quip and the care he had taken in making sure that the dots were lined up made my heart swell with the pride that you can't imagine. I mean how is it that this pre-pubescent kid can find it impossible to turn in even the simplist assignment and at the same time find it within his over-taxed and bored imgination to create such a work of art!?!?! I pondered these feelings in my heart and came to one inevidable conclusion...this kid needed his ass kicked.

But I digress. Apart from school I have one piece of information to impart to you readers out there...left turns without the turn arrow will send you straight to hell!!! Seriously I can see why the Catholic Chuch has long regarded left as sinister. Lets look at a few examples. Ever notice that the Pope-mobile has no left turn signal? How about the fact that there are no left-handed basins for holy water?? And lastly, why does just about every well-known Democratic politican claims to be Catholic?? (pause for laughter) Just a few interesting tidbits. Now the reason that I have shared this little nugget with you is this... if you ever happen to be in Phoenix driving south on 35th Ave and planning to turn left on Peoria...DO NOT DO IT. Saturday I found out what happens if you ignore this whole "left turn policy" that I was left out of the loop on. let's just say that on this issue the Catholics got it right (not left)

One last thing, did anyone else die when Chris Rock said "George Bush hates midgits." on the Shelter from the Storm concert?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home